Tuesday, November 11, 2008

5 THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN RUNNING A 5K RACE

5. Don't wear pants (unless they are the kind of pants that you can rip off of you while running.)

4. Don't wear toe rings!

3. If you are going to listen to music, don't use anything bigger than an ipod nano.

2. Drink a little bit of water before the race.

1. DON'T SKIP THE WATER STATION!!! (No matter if you have to wait for a couple seconds!)


For some odd reason, I have been very motivated to run some 5k races. I have always hated running. I used to run track in middle school and part of high school. I'm not a good runner. Never have, never will. But, I love to exercise (actually, I have a love/hate relationship with exercise; hate to do it but love it when I'm done.) Anyways, I ran another 5k race on Saturday, November 8th. These are the top 5 things I will definitely remember next time I decide to run a race.

5 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

I totally get where you are coming from with the "love/hate relationship" with exercise. Especially running. Doing races makes it fun, though.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips, I would love to run a 5K race! When do you go running? My foot is starting to get better so I need to get back out there:)

Dana said...

I called Heather for your number and she gave me your blog address. It is so cute I love it. We really do need to get the girls together more, they have so much fun. The blog that I was telling you about is www.cute2tryhairdos.blogspot.com
I love it and I am sure you will too!

The Hardman's said...

Way to go! I liked the advice cuz I am going to do one with you sometime! I'm the same way with exercise, I hate getting up early and going, but afterwards I feel so great I just keep doing it!

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

Way to go!!! I keep thinking I need to start working out but in my head I think well I just had a baby.............oh that was six months ago I need to get my butt in gear and work out, You modivate me:)