Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Growing Babies is Hard Work

I'm 33 weeks pregnant today, and this is my first blog I've done since I've been pregnant. I'm really sad about that. I have never been able to understand it when people have told me, "I hate being pregnant", until this pregnancy. My other 3 pregnancies have been awesome! I didn't get sick, I never had any health problems....I just enjoyed watching my "baby bump" grow, and feel the little miracle growing inside of me. But now I get it. I was really sick for about 14-16 weeks. I couldn't eat anything. I was so dang tired and nauseous all day every day. Then when I hit 10 weeks, I started having horrible migraines. (I had never had a migraine before in my life.) They woke me up in the middle of the night. My right arm and my tongue went numb. I had Mike take me into the doctor's office on a Saturday morning, who then sent me to the ER to get a CAT scan and a couple of other tests. Ok, that freaked me out. (As if having migraines wasn't bad enough, now I had to worry about radiation making my baby have problems.) Everything came out fine of course, but I dealt with those awful migraines for 2 weeks straight before they started to level off. The doctors gave me Lortabs to get rid of the pain, but those things made me more sick than having my "morning sickness." I'm still having them, about every 2 weeks or so, and when I do I'm down for a whole 24 hours. I was feeling pretty good for a few weeks in my 2nd trimester, but as soon as I hit my 3rd trimester I started feeling awful again. I'm extremely tired all of the time, my back is killing me, and I'm still having migraines. I know, some normal things of pregnancy, but for some reason they are much worse this time.
This all kinda sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm really not. I love being pregnant, I'm just not enjoying it as much this time. It is such a miracle to me the whole process of growing babies! Even though I haven't felt very good for the past 7 months or so, I love feeling every movement of the baby growing inside of me. And we are having a little baby boy!! We are so excited!! Now we are counting down the days til this little guy comes!

4 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time! But just think, at the end of all this, you will look at your sweet son and it will all be worth it :) You have such a beautiful family, and it is so great to get your updates! Keep blogging, okay?

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

YAY finally a post!!! I hate being pregnant too, I am sorry it has been so hard this time, lets hope the baby is better and this is not a sign of what to come LOL boys are crazy that way:)

Michael and Chantel said...

I would say it is because it is a boy haha but you have little Sean who probably isn't so little anymore so that argument went down the drain! I'm sorry it is being tough this time around! Migraines are definitely no fun.. Jordan and I used to get them all of the time! Only a few more weeks though! How exciting!

Unknown said...

Lindsey, I had no idea you were still feeling awful. No fun! I would love to have Lexi and Ramey come play his week. Get lots of rest before that cutie pie comes!